The development of networks of interrelations between individuals is not recent. Associated with Information and Communication Technologies have emerged online services aimed at the inter-relationship between its participants: online social networks.
These environments raise concerns in the way data are shared, such as from the process of collecting data by external agents, which are stored in the institutions that own the services.
A systematized division of the collection process is adopted in three interconnected cycles (Systematization of Collection, Direct Modeling, and Second Order Modeling), containing 3 phases each: collection, storage, and retrieval.
The results will be structured in two axes of analysis: (a) a contextualization of the data collecting process, based on the results of the exploratory research, explaining the characteristics of the data collection process of each online social network (in each cycle) and (b) a theoretical reference formation, relating the characteristics identified in each phase of the contextualization axis to the concepts already established in scientific literature, selected from the analysis and the results of the bibliographic research.
As the process of data collecting has a strong need for interdisciplinary cooperation, this will reflect in the contribution of concepts originating from different areas of knowledge to the formation of a referential proper to Information Science, as well as in the formation of a critical discourse about need interdisciplinary participation in data collecting processes, mainly derived from the need for previous knowledge of theories, tools and techniques of different areas of knowledge.
It is excepted that the contextualization of the theoretical foundations related to the process of data collecting from online social networks will allow stimulating the reflection to new investigations that will involve not only studies about the process itself but also a basic orientation on related concepts the collection of data in online services.
Scientific publications available
- Altmetrics indicators in Brazilian Journals of Information Science [paper] by Ilidio Lobato Ernesto Manhique, Ricardo César Gonçalves Sant’Ana and Fernando de Assis Rodrigues. Available at RICI, Academia.edu and ResearchGate. DOI: https://doi.org/10.11606/issn.2178-2075.v6i1p38-56
- The use of Blockchain and its possibilities to theinformational flow of supply chains [paper] by Fábio Mosso Moreira, Fernando de Assis Rodrigues and Ricardo César Gonçalves Sant’Ana. Available at RECoDAF, Academia.edu and ResearchGate.
- Contextualizing theoretical concepts on Online Social Networks
data collecting process [paper] by Fernando de Assis Rodrigues and Ricardo César Gonçalves Sant’Ana. Available at ITEC, Academia.edu and ResearchGate.
- Analysis of domain of scientific production on data collection in the context of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers [paper] by Fábio Mosso Moreira, Ricardo César Gonçalves Sant’Ana and Fernando de Assis Rodrigues. Available at Complexitas, Academia.edu and ResearchGate. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.18542/complexitas.v3i1.6634
- Identifying semantics characteristics of user’s interactions datasets through an application of a data analysis [book chapter] by Fernando de Assis Rodrigues, Pedro Henrique Santos Bisi and Ricardo César Gonçalves Sant’Ana. Available at Amazon, Academia.edu and ResearchGate. ISBN: 978-39-56504-20-4
- Study of adherence between standards of representation of data of entities [book chapter] by Fernando de Assis Rodrigues and Ricardo César Gonçalves Sant’Ana. Available at UFMG, Academia.edu and ResearchGate. ISBN: 978-85-65609-07-4
- Contextualizing theoretical concepts on online social networks data collecting process [conference paper] by Fernando de Assis Rodrigues and Ricardo César Gonçalves Sant’Ana. Available at Academia.edu and ResearchGate.